Founders Journal 3
The last two weeks have been great - I’ve built the backend using Django.
May 06 2020
- Built the backend!
- Decided to stick with what I knew, and build using Django.
Decisions look obvious in retrospect
User authentication is functional
- Document upload, storage, retrieval is functional
- Data gets passed to the front
Still need to write tests
I’ve learnt a lot of Django in the last 2 weeks, and it feels good to have gained some proficiency there.
- I’ve got momentum, that’s great.
- I’ve put in a lot of intense focussed days
- I need to pace myself better, it’s tiring.
- What’s next:
- Front end
- Basic site design
- Some static pages
- Dashboard viz - d3, I guess.